Because we had family in town all weekend we didn’t have a minute to do any house projects so I decided to take this day and answer some fun questions my friend, Kelly put together for me… I always love reading interviews like this in magazines so maybe you’ll have fun with it too.
1. What has your favorite book been this year?
Hmmm… I love reading. It is such a great escape and I’ve found some really great either chick-lit books by Mary Kay Andrews or I’ve read a couple of good David Baldacci and John Grisham mysteries. I will expand this to tell you what I’m currently reading… an amazing marriage book, “What Did You Expect?? Redeeming the Realities of Marriage” by Paul David Tripp and a Jennifer Weiner book “The Next Best Thing”.
2. What has been the most challenging part of parenting?
Is “all of it” a good answer? 🙂 In reality, I think the hardest part, for both AJ and I, is that our schedule is not our own anymore. We miss being able to do things whenever we want. Basically, we miss being selfish (isn’t that the most blunt way to put it?).
3. What kind of car do you drive?
2009 Nissan Rogue and AJ has an almost ten year old Ford F-150 that we use for house projects, dump runs, etc.
4. What is your favorite season?
Summer. I loooove the beach. But, really, I love all seasons except for winter. And I hate that it was 61 degrees in my house this morning when I came downstairs. 🙁
5. What is your favorite thing about your favorite season?
Reading on the beach for hours. Hands down. BUT I also love being able to go for runs and not wear half of my wardrobe to keep warm. 🙂
6. Do you have a go-to dinner recipe? If so, what is it?
Black bean quesadillas or salmon and veggies.
7. Is there a hobby that you’ve desired to pursue, but haven’t? What is it?
I wish I’d followed through with piano, but other than that there isn’t much I regret about not following through on.
8. If ever given the opportunity, would you participate in a flash mob (dancing)?
I am the world’s worst dancer so honestly, I’d ruin the flash mob. Zero rhythm is my downfall. Maybe that’s why I didn’t follow through with piano.
9. What is one place in the US that you’d like to visit (that you’ve never visited)?
I’ve been to a lot of states but I’d love to go to Alaska and do a photography cruise through the glaciers… I’d do this in the summer so I wouldn’t completely freeze my tail off.
10. What’s your favorite (or one of your favorite) blogs to read?
Centsational Girl. She takes gorgeous photos and has amazing style.
11. What inspired you to begin blogging?
I started the blog when AJ and I were getting married and I needed to give people info about the wedding and then once I started to stay home with Drew last June I needed some structure and a regular creative outlet for me so I became more serious about keeping up with it and researched ways to make the blog better. I’m still learning!
LAST BUT NOT LEAST:
Today is the last day to vote for Migonis Home over at Country Living. Please take 8 seconds and go cast your daily vote NOW. Did I sound firm enough? 🙂