adapted from here
3/4 cup melted butter or oil (I always use oil)
3 cups white sugar
6-7 ripe bananas
1 16 ounce container of sour cream
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3 tsp baking soda
4.5 cups unbleached flour
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line a muffin tin with liners.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, bananas, sour cream and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine cinnamon, salt, soda and flour. Add to wet mixture.
- Pour into muffin tins so they are about 1/2 – 3/4 full.
- Bake for about 25 minutes but make sure you test them before pulling them out of the oven for good!
I’ve made this as a bread (about 1 hour) or in a bundt pan (about an hour to an hour and 10 minutes) too and it’s just as good.