I wanted a place where we could put pins in places where our family and friends lived so that even at his young age Drew could get a feel for geography. I’m not totally sure that’s happening yet because he keeps telling me Willy and Pete, two characters from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse live in the brown area. 🙂
Here is what you’ll need to recreate it:
1. A giant sheet of super thin plywood. Mine was $16 from Home Depot.
2. Stain and paint.
5. Sharpie (or a pencil if your stain is light)
Steps to creating your own board:
1. Cut your board to size. Mine came in a 4×8 ft sheet.
2. Stain your board and let it dry outside to off-gas.
3. Go to this website to print off a giant map. I think they have more than just the USA. And it’s free.
4. Tape your sheets together, cut it out and trace it onto your board.
5. Paint within the tracing lines and let it dry.
6. After painting we just hung ours with four long dark screws on each of the four corners.
I then added little tags to show were all our friends live… including our friends on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. They are located right in Orlando-ish on this map, about three hours from Gigi and Papa. 🙂
Similar project here at the Happier Homemaker.
I’m sharing this over at Liz Marie blog , Tatertots and Jello and Create It Thursday… check out the other bloggers fabulous projects over at each of these sites!