I switched up the blog header last night… I wanted to create something that was winter-y without being Christmas-y. Nothing like showing off imperfection like that photo with the mismatched clapboard, but hey, that’s what this blog is about: progress happening and being documented, even if it’s not complete perfection. 🙂
Okay… so, I have a family, a house that needs work, an active involvement in our church and we have rental properties so why in the world am I wanting to set blogging goals? I’ve asked myself this over and over again… Do I want to build up the blog? What is good for my family? Is it good for me to have the blog or is it taking me away from the things that really matter? When I took my month long break in November those were the questions that I kept exploring… and I’m not sure if I’ve come up with a definitive answer yet although I love blogging. I love the creative aspect of it that feeds my soul. My number one goal with blogging this year is that it would add value to our family… I’m still figuring out how I think that can / should happen.
- Post only occasionally on Fridays. Fridays and weekends have a much lower readership so I don’t want to spend precious time posting on a day when not many people check in.
- Improve my photography and learn more about Photoshop.
- Share more house tours and before and after projects from fellow bloggers and / or readers. (Think you have a great room makeover or house tour that I’d just love? Send it my way.)
- Share more posts about: furniture makeovers, recipes, outfit ideas.
- Make the blog more visitor friendly with a sidebar of my favorite and most popular posts.
- Build up some partnerships with local businesses… I won’t get into what I have in mind here because I’m dreaming big and I don’t want to say anything until I get my ducks in a row.
- Increase Facebook blog followersto at least 1500. For anyone who isn’t a blogger that’s not just about numbers or popularity… Facebook is my second biggest referral (Pinterest being the first). The more people that come visit the blog, and become followers, mean more money from AdSense for Migonis Home which in turn means more money for projects that you’ll get to read about on the blog. It’s a fun cycle. 🙂
- Be an active presence on Pinterest and on group boards there. Generate new Migonis Home followers through that.
- Find a blogging mentor.
- Spend time studying the Bible and memorizing Scripture verses… let Drew see that this is important to me and try to make the Bible as interesting and approachable as possible for a little guy.
- Feel good about my body. I suffer more insecurity about the way my stomach looks post Elle than I should. I want to feel great in my clothes and I want to be able to SAY NO to food that I eat because I’m bored or stressed out (anyone else say “the kids are making me coo coo today… another cookie will make me feel better”? J)
- Daily check in with a news website to know the major events that are going on in the world.
- Analyze our eating and how I can help us spend less and still eat healthier and more organic foods.
- Do some real estate deals with my co-agent AJ Migonis. (Know anyone who is itching to buy a house in Massachusetts?)
PS: Random side note… today is my grandmother’s 80th birthday… so here’s a shout out to one of the most fabulous and fun people I know. I knew you’d be one of the few people who would actually read all the way down here, Gram! xo