And then have you woken up the next morning (or maybe after a few nights of good sleep) and realized that God designed this night and day thing really well that it was going to be okay? Not perfect but okay. You will still find raisins and Cheerios everywhere, your son will be sweet 85% of the day and coo-coo the other 15% but somehow in those hours of sleep (even if they were interrupted four times) you were partially restored.
Maybe not sitting on a beach by yourself restored but restored enough. 🙂
Restored enough to tackle a daughter that rarely sleeps and tenants’ that don’t pay their rent. Restored enough to happily cuddle your children and kiss their mango scented hair from their body wash. Restored enough to joyfully listen to your child tell you what they learned in Sunday School the day before. Restored enough to listen to your son retell episodes of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and then ask silly questions that you know are going to make him giggle. Restored enough to brainstorm an errand that’s an hour away you need to run and then attempt to figure out how to still make it fun for your kids.
But mostly, restored enough to say, and really mean, “I’m sorry” to your son for not being the kind of mother he needed the day before when you were losing it.