Hello! I am so glad to have you here reading Migonis Home! Here’s a snippet of who I am… some of which you’ll see in the page “Story of Us”:
1. This blog has been my therapy since having my son, Drew, seven years ago. After two months of maternity leave I returned to work for four months… and since being home this blog has provided a creative outlet, a place to interact with adults and a place to feel like “me” apart from being a mom.
2. I love reading. I can get lost in books… especially on the beach. I love Jan Karon’s Mitford series, David Baldacci and John Grisham books and Emily Giffin, Mary Kay Andrew and Elin Hildebrand’s are fun light reads (not always clean, though…).
3. I lead a moms group twice a month. I love the time off from kids and the great discussion with the moms.
4. AJ and I dream of going to Italy together… wouldn’t a wine tasting trip be dynamite? We toured Greece together a year after we were married and it was incredible… traveling hasn’t been the same since having children. Imagine that. 🙂
5. I have been doing BBG for about six weeks now. It’s amazing how much more confidence I have since starting the program.
6. AJ and I own quite a few rental properties and have the end goal of him being able to retire from teaching to manage the properties full time.
7. Once the kids get into school I’d love to flip houses. AJ and I are both real estate agents so it’d be a natural fit. Over the past few years we’ve built up a list of contractors that we trust so we’d already have some go-to people. We flipped our first house immediately after marrying and have done it a few times since then.
8. I’m scared to death of heights, dogs make me nervous and I despise speaking in public (although I’ll prepare like a wild woman and do it).
9. I love baking. I pretty much doesn’t matter what it is. Cooking is more of a challenge for me but since we got married five years ago I’d say I’ve improved dramatically (although, I can’t imagine why AJ doesn’t want cereal for dinner a few nights a week. :)).
10. We have two children, Drew (7) and Elle (5). A little over a year ago we brought home twins to foster and hopefully adopt. In the middle of February 2018 we signed an open adoption agreement and everything will hopefully become official for Vera and Grayson to officially join our family this summer.